The project will run 12 August 2019 – 11 August 2020. The events will comprise:
- A workshop about the book as physical object of social and cultural exchange and its relationship to the reader and the post-reading act, in collaboration with the social enterprise MyBookcase (led by Cristina Garriga, MyBookcase founder and project partner, to be held at the National Library of Scotland and the archives of the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art)
- A practical workshop on letterpress typography and print at the Glasgow School of Art (led by Edwin Pickstone, project CoI)
- A practical workshop on pochoir technique and the image/text relationship at the Edinburgh College of Art (led by Jane Hyslop, project CoI and Network member)
- A workshop on the languages of editing and culture writing (facilitated by Sarah Auld, Chris McCormack, Andrew Thacker and Nick Thurston,)
- An exhibition of works made in response to the selected constellation of texts, to be held at Shandy Hall in collaboration with The Laurence Sterne Trust at Shandy Hall (project partner)
- A workshop responding to the exhibition about the relationship between text and non-verbal elements as they are presented within an art context, to be held at Shandy Hall.
Information about how to apply to participate in any of these events will appear on this website shortly.